I need not tell you a lot about BITS Pilani. The reputation speaks for itself. Being an alumni, I always long to do my best towards the future of the institution.
During these tough times, BITS has come up with a program called “Career Days”, in which they get the candidates to places where the companies are (Bangalore, Hyderabad etc.) and allow them to participate in recruitment activities. The major advantage for the companies is that, they save on the travel costs and have a huge reserve of talent to recruit from.
Following is an extract from the e-mail I received:
…BITSAA International has taken ‘100% Placement Initiative’ as one of the major goals for 2009.
We wish you could be a part of our endeavor to help with the placements by :
· Recruit at BITS Pilani
· Share contact details of your HR (with your recommendation). Our team will connect the HR contacts with Placement Division.
· Send emails to your HR even if you don’t know the HR personally or don’t influence placements. (We have drafted sample emails that you could use).
· If your company has frozen on recruitments, please see if you can arrange long term internships for our BITSians with a living stipend ( Something in the lines of a PS).
· Let us know of any openings for these recent graduates.
· Share with us any other ideas to tackle the present state of campus placement
As part of this initiative, we are planning to launch “career days”. This is planned as a career fest held in the four major cities in India ( Bangalore , Hyderabad, Bombay and Delhi). As companies have decided to cut down on travel, we are planning to get the candidates to them. It would be great if you could get your companies to participate in this event.
The first one is planned for Hyderabad around the 2nd week of April, followed by Bangalore….
So, if you or your company are looking to hire fresh and extraordinary talent, then get in touch with the concerned for participating in this initiative. You should be able to find the contact details here – http://www.bitsaa.org/?plac_comp_contact
Thanks for reading and also for the support!!