Happy Independence day to all readers! But, how independent are we, constantly dreading about a mishap on the independence day; how independent are we, when an educated corporate woman working late in the night, can be mishandled by miscreants; how independent are we, in the hands of corrupt politicians. But that’s a separate topic altogether, which this post is not meant for.
One can do good to the society in two ways – By starting to do something good for the society or By stopping something that he/she is already doing.
Just a few tips on stopping something that you might be already doing (if not, you are the man!), which might be better for the society around you.
- Stop scattering litter and trash in public. Use proper bins provided, all the time! (even for a piece of paper or a chewing gum)
- Stop lighting the cancer stick (a.k.a. cigarette) in public. Use them at your peril, only at specified secluded zones or at your home!
- Stop jumping traffic lights. You definitely know how good it is, when someone abides rules and paves way for you!
- Avoid listening to loud or noisy music in public. This also includes unpleasant or over-pleasant ring tones on your “spare-only-at-sleep” gadget
- Avoid as much possible, the use of four wheelers and two wheelers. Thumb rule – Try to see if you can use a two wheeler, when you feel like using the car. Try to see if you can walk, when you feel like using the two wheeler. By the way, how long has it been, since you rode a bicycle?
Many of us should be able to do all these, with least effort. Let’s try to make India sound, smell and look, clean!